March 7-9, 2019 at Green Lake Conference Center
Join land trust staff and board members from across the state for training, presentations, and discussions on priority topics to propel land conservation forward in Wisconsin.
This will be the 19th annual statewide conference! From 20 participants at early retreats, we’ve grown to a conference of up to 100. There's lots to learn and plenty of time for networking and fun. You don’t want to miss it.
- Delve into succession planning. Also called transition planning, it's key for organizational sustainability and strategic leadership development—at all levels, whether staff or board volunteers. Experienced trainer Megan Olds will be your guide through the process of maintaining core functions during transitions and what it takes for your land trust to thrive, grow, and advance.
- Learn about tools and resources to meet many of today’s land conservation challenges, from grassroots advocacy, to digital storytelling, to framing the conversation about climate change. And then dig into trends and innovations that will shape your success into the future.
- Bring your best for the dessert potluck competition—a Wisconsin land trust tradition since 2005.
- And, new this year: Sign up to tell your story to inform and entertain!
BOOK YOUR ROOM at Bauer Lodge, Green Lake Conference Center
Bauer Lodge is a modern hotel, certified “green” by the WI Department of Tourism.
Call Guest Services, 920-294-3323, to make your reservation to stay during the "Wisconsin Land Trust Conference."
$78 for rooms with 2 Queens, or 1 Queen and 2 Singles (or $93 for Queen Suite)
Room availability is limited. Make your reservations as soon as possible.
Consider finding a roommate to cut costs and increase camaraderie. Contact us for assistance seeking a roommate.
REGISTER BY MAIL
Early bird rates (through February 7):
- Full Conference: $175 member*, $225 non-member, $80 student
- One-day only: $90 member*, $120 non-member, $50 student
After February 7, rates increase by $25 ($10 for students).
*Board and staff members of a Gathering Waters member land trust, and individual members of Gathering Waters are eligible for the member rate, a discount of nearly 25% for the 2019 Conference.
A limited number of registration scholarships will be available by application for individuals who would otherwise be unable to attend the 2019 Conference. Preference will be given to member land trusts or individuals who aren't previous scholarship recipients.
Application deadline: Thursday, January 31, 2019
Find out how to apply.
DIETARY PREFERENCES AND NEEDS
- When possible the conference center honors dietary preferences such as gluten-free, dairy-free, vegetarian and vegan. An alternative is not guaranteed at every meal, however, the buffet line includes fruit, yogurt, oatmeal and cereal at every breakfast and a large salad bar at every lunch and dinner.
- Please communicate any medical/allergic dietary needs directly to Green Lake Conference Center by February 21, using this online form.
Sponsor the 2019 Land Trust Conference to show your support for land conservation in Wisconsin. Please contact us about sponsorship levels and benefits.
Haven't attended a Wisconsin Land Trust Conference before? Conferences are designed for staff and board members alike! Access photos, presentation materials and related resources from the 2018 event. More than 80 people participated, including representatives from 27 Wisconsin land trusts.
If your land trust is interested hosting a future Land Trust Conference, please let us know!