Wisconsin Land Trust Retreat
Each year we invite board or staff of our Wisconsin Land Trust members to our annual Land Trust Retreat. This summer we convened at the Heartwood Conference Center in Trego for an unparalleled opportunity for learning, networking, and fun among peers and experts from around the state.
Presentations & Follow Up
- The Schedule of Events
- A complicated land transaction, as outlined by Bryan Pierce from Northwoods Land Tust
- Evaluating Capacity & Good Conservation Planning with MaryKay O'Donnell from the Land Trust Alliance
- Conservation Financing with Reggie Hall from The Conservation Fund
- Finance Reporting for Boards & the Public, a presentation from Door County Land Trust and Dana Chabot, CPA
- My Healthy Wetlands project description, as described by Katie Beilfuss, Wisconsin Wetlands Association, as well as the clearinghouse of resources for wetland landowners that WWA created.
Other Elements of the Retreat:
As mentioned throughout the event, if you have input or feedback on Gathering Waters strategic plan or initiatives please e-mail us by August 30th.
New database now available at cost to Wisconsin land trusts
A reminder of why we do what we do
For those who enjoyed the canoe trip on Saturday (or would like to try it the next time they're in northwest Wisconsin),Wisconsin Wetlands Association has developed a free one-page fact sheet on the St Croix and Namekagon River Corridor.
And, let's not forget the fun...
Meditation on a log
Silence sings a song
Our thanks to those who joined us!
Each year we strive to offer this opportunity free to our membership. If you're interested in supporting our efforts please let us know!
And, a very special thank you to our sponsors...