Trainings & Workshops
We offer workshops, training opportunities, and other services to all land trust practioners in Wisconsin. Currently planned learning opportunities are listed below. Questions, feedback and suggestions are most welcome and can be directed to Kate Zurlo-Cuva, Land Trust Program Director.
Wisconsin's Land Trust Retreat - August 8-10, 2013 in Trego
Virtual Training Opportunities
Ask An Expert Conference Call - Transforming your Land Protection Criteria into a Strategic Conservation Plan with Anne Murphy, Minnesota Land Trust - June 7 at 11am
With land protection criteria in place, you can develop a strategic conservation plan to help you identify, prioritize, pursue and protect the lands that best meet your land trust's mission. Join the call to learn about:
- The difference between land protection criteria and a strategic conservation plan
- Linking your mission statement to larger planning activities
- Using project selection criteria as a first step in setting priorities
- Different approaches to forming criteria
- Creating and identifying focus areas to help place individual projects within a comprehensive framework
- Doing a landowner analysis to scope out possible future projects
Registration is open for this FREE LEAP offering through June 5th.