Trainings & Workshops
We offer workshops, training opportunities, and other services to all land trust practioners in Wisconsin. Currently planned learning opportunities are listed below. Questions, feedback and suggestions are most welcome and can be directed to Kate Zurlo-Cuva, Land Trust Program Director.
The Engaged Board: A Series of Training Opportunities in Northern Wisconsin
March 19 from 2pm-6pm in Ashland
March 20 from 4pm-8pm in River Falls
March 21, from 9am-noon in Rhinelander
Need the training to come to you? We're packing up and taking our show on the road! Thanks to our gracious hosts (Bayfield Regional Conservancy at Ashland, and Northwoods Land Trust at Rhinelander), you may join us at any of three sessions being held in northern Wisconsin.
- Rethinking how your board operates
- Simplifying governance and reducing meetings by delegating to committees or staff
- Managing critical, and predictable, board transitions
- Delving beyond simple financial oversight to actually understand what the numbers mean (trend analysis and forecasting)
We are offering the same learning opportunity three times to both board and staff member audiences. We are pleased to offer an individual and organizational rate for each session. Register one person for $40, or up to 5 of your board and staff members for a flat fee of $100. Choose what's best for you and register now.
Interested becoming a sponsor? Please contact us!
Registration closes on March 12, 2014.
Midwest Land Conservation Conference: Connecting Communities to Land and Water
Virtual Training Opportunities
Ask-An-Expert Call Series: Good Housekeeping Rules for your Database on March 7, 2014 at 11am
- Creating good documentation
- Identifying what parts of a database require maintenance
- Searching for mistakes and duplicate records
- Establishing a culture of good data entry
- Securing sensitive information, even with remote workers
- Preparing for a data disaster