Land Trust Excellence & Advancement Program
LEAP, a partnership with the Land Trust Alliance, aims to provide coordinated and intensive services and support for Wisconsin land trusts whether large, small, staffed, or all-volunteer. Through LEAP, we are supporting individual land trusts, strengthening the fabric of Wisconsin's land trust community, advancing strategic, collaborative conservation, and preparing interested land trusts for Accreditation.
LEAP Universally-Available Services
- Trainings & Workshops for Land Trusts - year-round opportunities available
- Fee Services for Land Trusts
- Land Trust Online Resource Library
LEAP Services by Application
- Special Services & Grants for Land Trusts
- Land Trust Standards & Practices Grants - please check back in 2015
The LEAP model was crafted after thorough analysis of similar statewide efforts in Michigan, Maine, and Indiana – all states with similarly diverse land trust communities. LEAP design and goals have been vetted by the Wisconsin Land Trust Council, an advisory body of land trust leaders from land trusts across Wisconsin.
With input and insight from Wisconsin land trusts, Gathering Waters and the Alliance launched LEAP in 2011.
How do land trusts benefit?
How do I participate?