Aug 07, 2010
Celebrating the 20th Anniversary of the Stewardship Program
On July 1st, 2010 the Knowles-Nelson Stewardship Program entered its 3rd decade. Gathering Waters Conservancy and partners -- including all Wisconsin land trusts -- are celebrating this milestone and its significance to the preservation of the health and beauty of Wisconsin. Help us celebrate by promoting Stewardship's value to your communities.
Here are four reasons to celebrate:
1. The Stewardshp Program has been a resounding success over the past 20 years, and we should all take the time to commemorate its many accomplishments.
2. Just because the Stewardship Program has been reauthorized for another decade, does not mean that it's safe from the political process. Especially given the current economic climate, we need to be demonstrating the value of Stewardship to Wisconsin communities now more than ever.
3. Stewardship projects provide great feel-good stories for legislators and other elected officials. Legislators readily attend events on Stewardship properties, but they need to know about them!
4. Land trusts are some of the best ambassadors for the Stewardship Program. Local land trusts can powerfully illustrate how a state program like Stewardship has a direct impact on communities throughout Wisconsin.
Here are a few ways to get involved:
1. Use the 20th Anniversary logo on outreach materials and publications.
2. Hold a field trip on a Stewardship property and take part in our Parade of Preserves.
3. Purchase Stewardship gear from a new clothing line at the following website.