Working at Gathering Waters
Our mission is to help land trusts, landowners, and communities protect the places that make Wisconsin special. Unlike any other organization, we accomplish our mission by strengthening Wisconsin land trusts – a network of approximately 50 nonprofit organizations that protect land to preserve its natural, agricultural, or cultural value for public benefit. We provide direct technical assistance to non-profit land trusts; are non-partisan, solution-oriented advocates for public policies supporting land conservation; and use our statewide voice to share the stories of land trusts’ impact and how they address community needs, and inspire broad public support for land conservation.
Part-time Program Assistant
Gathering Waters: Wisconsin’s Alliance for Land Trusts seeks a part-time (20 hrs/wk) Program Assistant. The ideal candidate is highly organized and motivated, attentive to detail and good at follow-through, has strong written and oral communication skills, experience working with a database, and an interest in land conservation.
Job duties include (but are not limited to):
Office Management & Administration (60%):
- Greeting office visitors and answer general email and phone inquiries
- Processing information requests and routine correspondence
- Managing all supplies and equipment
- Sorting and distributing mail
- Scheduling meetings and maintaining office calendar
- Maintaining vendor relationships, contracts, contact information and administrative records
- Preparing checks for deposit and managing bill payment
- Coordinating logistics and supplies for events, quarterly board meetings, staff meetings, and other small meetings
- Overseeing IT systems and maintenance, including software and hardware upgrades, the phone system, service contracts and troubleshooting
- Processing donations received
- Assisting with drafting, generating and assembling fundraising mailings
- Other projects as needed
Program Assistance (20%):
- Provide general support and troubleshooting to program staff as needed and appropriate
Please send resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 21st, 2014.